Media contact: Carla Tousley, treasurer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friends of the Orion Township Library Gently Used Book Sale
- May 18-21 Public Days / May 17 Preview for Friends Members and Teachers
(Lake Orion, Mich.) April 18, 2022 – The Friends of the Orion Township Library will be hosting the Friends Gently Used Book Sale at the library with public days Wednesday, May 18, 2022, through Saturday, May 21, 2022, and exclusive preview to “Friends” members and teachers on Tuesday, May 17, 2022.
“Our Friends book sales are a great place to pick up summer reading material and help the Friends raise funds for our library at the same time,” said Don Walker, president of the Friends of the Orion Township Library. “Donations have continued pouring in, thanks to the generosity of library patrons, and we are well stocked again for the spring sale.” The Friends offer hard cover and soft cover books in over 40 categories, with prices at $1 or less. Cash, credit card, and checks accepted.
Spring Gently Used Book Sale
- Tuesday, May 17: Friends Member Day & Teacher Day (Memberships available at door) – 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Open to the Public 4:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 18: Open to the Public – 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 19: Open to the Public – 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 20: Open to the Public –10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Half Off Day)
- Saturday, May 21: Open to the Public – 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. ($5 Bag Day)
About the Friends
The Friends are a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization that was started in 1985 “to promote public support of the Orion Township Public Library and the library in the community, to promote reading, literacy and lifelong learning, and to maintain an association of persons interested in the library.” Friends act in cooperation with the library board and staff, serving as a liaison between the community and library. All money raised by the Friends, except for minimal administrative costs such as postage and printing, is donated directly to the library in the way of program funding, material purchases and monetary contributions.