Covering all 22 OAA teams with insight and thoughts on each team from Northern Oakland County to Southern Oakland County.
Sunday, March 7, 2021
Inside the OAA Top 22 and Top 20.
Written Sunday March 7th at 6:00 PM
Here are the top 22 and top 20 for basketball throughout the OAA. I look at how teams are playing right now as we speak and the rankings tell themselves from my point of view. Here they are.
Boys Top 22.
- Ferndale (8-1) – Jack Kennedy has really surprised some folks.
- Adams (9-3) – Jaret Thomas has done a heck of a coaching job with the Highlanders.
- Clarkston (9-3) – Keegan Waslik is back with a vengeance.
- North Farmington (6-2) – Raiders no longer control their own destiny in the Red.
- Lake Orion (9-2) – Dragons are clicking on all cylinders.
- Bloomfield Hills (7-4) – Blackhawks control their own destiny in the White.
- Troy (4-2) – Something doesn’t seem right with the Colts.
- Stoney Creek (7-3) – Trevor Smith is really carrying the Cougars on his back.
- Troy Athens (7-3) – Jordan Sebaugh is the key for the Red Hawks.
- Groves (4-5) – Falcons are more than capable of pulling off an upset.
- Pontiac (6-0) – Phoenix are rising but would like to see them play some non league teams.
- Berkley (4-6) – It wasn’t a great week for the Bears.
- West Bloomfield (3-7) – Lakers have been very streaky lately.
- Farmington (3-8) – Falcons have been very inconsistent.
- Oak Park (3-6) – Knights have been a mystery team right now.
- Rochester (6-5) – Falcons no longer control their own destiny in the Gold right now.
- Oxford (4-7) – Wildcats are as good as Mason Mulholland takes them.
- Seaholm (3-7) – Maples are as good as Johnny Cross takes them.
- Southfield Arts and Tech (2-7) – Warriors are very suspect right now.
- Avondale (4-6) – Yellow Jackets haven’t been the same since the loss to Seaholm.
- Royal Oak (1-8) – Ravens picked up a monster win over Ferndale University this past week.
- Ferndale University (0-8) – Rising Eagles are still getting used to life in the OAA.
Girls Top 20.
- West Bloomfield (8-1) – Lakers looking strong on all cylinders
- Clarkston (9-2) – Wolves have been scoring in bunches lately.
- Stoney Creek (9-1) – Cougars rolling right now.
- Troy (7-4) – Colts holding strong in the White.
- Groves (7-5) – Falcons are going to be a dangerous team come postseason time.
- Royal Oak (6-4) – Ravens are starting to put things together.
- Oxford (7-3) – Myranda Wynnabego has been a difference maker for the Wildcats.
- Farmington (8-3) – Autumn Bartlett has been the glue for the Falcons.
- Adams (6-3) – Highlanders are still a really odd team to figure out.
- Lake Orion (6-6) – Dragons haven’t been the same team since losing to Oxford.
- Rochester (3-4) – Falcons are back on the court which is a good sign.
- Berkley (6-4) – Ashley Loon has been the key to the Bears success.
- Troy Athens (4-6) – Gillian Ciak has been playing well for the Red Hawks lately.
- North Farmington (2-7) – Heaven Rogers has played well for the Raiders in this stretch.
- Southfield Arts and Tech (1-8) – Warriors got their first win for new coach Shaquila Coltrane.
- Seaholm (2-8) – Maples struggling a little bit.
- Oak Park (2-2) – Knights have done well against Ferndale University but others not so much.
- Ferndale University (2-4) – It’s still going to take some time for the Rising Eagles to get used to the OAA.
- Bloomfield Hills (0-8) – Blackhawks really struggling right now.
- Avondale (0-7) – Yellow Jackets really struggling right now.