FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
CONTACT: Rob Morosi, MDOT Office of Communications, MorosiR@Michigan.gov
Bridge replacement work requires closing portion of
I-75 in Detroit this weekend
– MDOT is replacing the Milwaukee Street overpass above I-75.
– Installing bridge beams requires a weekend closure of I-75 between I-94 and M-8 (Davison Freeway) starting at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2.
– Both directions of I-75 will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 5.
September 30, 2020 — Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) contract crews are replacing the Milwaukee Street overpass above I-75 in Detroit, and this project will hit another milestone this weekend when crews install new bridge beams. To accomplish this, both directions of I-75 will be closed between I-94 and M-8 (Davison Freeway) starting at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct, 2. Both directions of I-75 will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct.5.
During the closure, the posted detour for northbound I-75 follows westbound I-94, northbound M-10 (Lodge Freeway), and eastbound M-8 back to northbound I-75. Southbound I-75 traffic will use westbound M-8 to southbound M-10, back to southbound I-75.
The following ramps will close starting at 8 p.m. on Friday:
– Eastbound and westbound M-8 to southbound I-75,
– Holbrook Avenue to southbound I-75,
– Clay Street to southbound I-75,
– Eastbound and westbound I-94 to northbound I-75, and
– Warren Avenue to northbound I-75.
All ramps will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 5.