Written Sunday September 24th at 11:40 PM
These are the top 21 according to History Now and Between Taormina co-host Anthony Taormina.
- Berkley- Bears win over Oxford on the road gives them a ton of confidence.
- Oxford- Wildcats win over Clarkston gives them confidence going into districts and possibly the Red.
- Clarkston- Wolves loss to Oxford could be a good thing to motivate them for districts.
- Troy Athens- Red Hawks are the consistent yardstick of the OAA.
- Troy- Colts continuing to build heading into districts.
- Adams- Highlanders could play spoiler in the Red.
- Royal Oak- Ravens on track to win the White and possibly move up to the Red.
- Bloomfield Hills- Blackhawks proving they are for real in the White.
- Rochester- Falcons continue to improve despite playing Red schedule.
- Seaholm- Maples beating on teams outside of the Red but very young team as seen with their Junior Varsity.
- Lake Orion- Dragons continue to improve, strong showing against Red teams.
- Avondale- The road to the Blue runs through Auburn Hills.
- Groves- League title looks lost for the Falcons but they are one of the stalwarts in the White.
- Stoney Creek- Must start winning league games if your the Cougars.
- West Bloomfield- Lakers continue to improve in the White.
- North Farmington- Raiders need some help if they want to win Blue.
- Farmington- Falcons have difficult stretch coming up.
- Ferndale- Eagles can play spoiler in the Blue.
- Pontiac- Phoenix can play spoiler in the Blue.
- Southfield Arts and Tech- Can Warriors improve after win over Oak Park???
- Oak Park- Knights continue to improve.
Saturday, September 23, 2023
Written Saturday September 23rd at 3:40 PM
AROUND THE OAA TOP TEN-Week Five
- Lake Orion
- Southfield Arts and Tech
- West Bloomfield
- Harper Woods
WEEK FIVE RECAP.
PONTIAC 34, BERKLEY 28.
FERNDALE 33, ROYAL OAK 14.
AVONDALE 25, OAK PARK 20.
NORTH FARMINGTON 24, TROY 6.
SEAHOLM 49, TROY ATHENS 14.
HARPER WOODS 49, BLOOMFIELD HILLS 0.
SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH 46, FARMINGTON 0.
GROVES 42, ROCHESTER 7.
CLARKSTON 39, OXFORD 13
WEST BLOOMFIELD 36, ADAMS 32.
LAKE ORION 49, STONEY CREEK 28.
BEST WIN: Avondale: The Yellow Jackets earned a big 25-20 win over Oak Park on Friday night after scoring a touchdown with eight seconds left in the game after the Knights had taken the lead with 1:08 left in the game. Avondale has a ton of confidence right now which is a great sign. They have Royal Oak looming next week.
TOUGH LOSS: Adams: The Highlanders are getting better despite falling 36-32 on Friday night to West Bloomfield. Adams will be fine but they have a tough one looming with Lake Orion next week.
TEAM THAT NEEDS A HUG: Berkley: The Bears scored points, there is hope despite falling 34-28 to Pontiac on Friday night. Berkley has Ferndale looming next week.
VALENTI RANT: Troy: The Colts were exposed on Friday night as they fell 24-6 to North Farmington. Troy has scored six points against the Raiders. They have Seaholm looming next week.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME: Troy Athens: It was not a happy homecoming for the Red Hawks as they fell 49-14 to Seaholm on Friday night. Playoff dreams could be dashed right now. They have Pontiac looming next week.