CORRECTED: Applications open for 14 Oakland County Solid Waste Planning Committee vacancies
May 11, 2022, OAKLAND COUNTY, MI. – The Oakland County Board of Commissioners is seeking applications to fill 14 vacancies on the county’s Solid Waste Planning Committee. All openings are terms not to exceed two years. The deadline to apply is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 3.
The Board is accepting applications for the following positions:
- Three individuals representing the general public
- Four individuals representing the solid waste management industry
- Two individuals representing environmental interest groups
- One county elected official
- One city elected official
- One township elected official
- One representative of industrial waste generators
- One individual representing the regional solid waste planning agency (SEMCOG)
The committee meets as needed to address requests to amend the Oakland County Solid Waste Plan and/or requests from the State to update the Plan. Members will be required to attend all relevant meetings.
To qualify, elected officials and those representing the general public must be current residents of Oakland County. Representatives of the solid waste management industry, environmental interest groups, industrial waste generator and SEMCOG must conduct business and be active in the county.
Those who would like to apply must submit an online application, which is available at https://forms.oakgov.com/79
For more information about the BOC, please visit www.oakgov.com/boc or call 248-858-0100.