Oakland County Holding COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics At Community Events And Schools This Week
Pontiac, Michigan – Oakland County is holding COVID-19 vaccine clinics at two community events this week: Senior Market Day at Oakland County Farmers Market Thursday and Berkley Art Bash Saturday. Oakland County Health Division nurses will administer doses from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Thursday at the farmers market located at 2350 Pontiac Lake Road in Waterford and 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Saturday on 12 Mile Road in Berkley. For more information, go to OaklandCountyVaccine.com.
The Health Division is also offering school-based clinics to school-age students this week. The county will hold a walk-in clinic at the Troy School District Service Building on Thursday, September 9 from 3:00-7:00 p.m. at 4420 Livernois Rd. On Friday, September 10, there will be another clinic at the Rochester Community Schools Administration Building at 601 W. University Dr. from 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Over 49,000 Oakland County residents 12-19 years old have not received the COVID-19 vaccine. The county’s seven-day case average is 182 cases per day or 1,274 new cases per week as of September 7.
The Oakland County Health Division is holding daily vaccine clinics from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at both its North Oakland Health Center in Pontiac and South Oakland Health Center in Southfield in addition to pop-up clinics in the community. Click on OaklandCountyVaccine.com to locate the nearest Health Division vaccine clinic. Those who do not have access to the Internet may call the Nurse on Call at 800-848-5533 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. for more information.
The following is an update on progress vaccinating Oakland County residents, according to the State of Michigan COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard as of September 7, 2021:
Total eligible residents 16 and older: 1,029,737
- Number of residents 16 and older who have received first dose: 749,810
- Number of residents 16 and older who have completed vaccination: 696,908
- Vaccine coverage for residents 16 and older: 72.8 percent
Total eligible residents 12 and older: 1,091,389
- Number of residents 12 and older who have received first dose: 782,541
- Number of residents 12 years and older who have completed vaccination: 725,595
- Vaccine coverage for residents 12 and older: 71.7 percent
Total eligible senior residents 65 and older: 217,676
- Number of senior residents who have received first dose: 188,022
- Number of senior residents who have completed vaccination: 179,360
- Vaccine coverage for senior residents: 86.4 percent
Total doses distributed within Oakland County: 1,534,875
- Total doses administered within Oakland County: 1,452,738
- Percentage of doses administered within Oakland County: 94.6%
Total third doses administered in Region 2 North (Oakland, Macomb, and St. Clair counties): 12,224