Covering all 22 OAA teams with insight and thoughts on each team from Northern Oakland County to Southern Oakland County.
Saturday, February 20, 2021
Inside the OAA Top 22 and Top 20 Basketball Rankings.
Written Sunday February 21st at 1:20 AM
Boys Top 22.
- North Farmington (4-0) – Raiders seem to be putting everything together at the right time.
- Ferndale (4-1) – Jason Drake and Traveon Lewis might be the best back court in the OAA.
- Clarkston (5-1) – Wolves still have some issues to fix.
- Troy (2-0) – Colts are in COVID protocol.
- Stoney Creek (3-1) – Cougars have had some battles lately.
- Troy Athens (3-1) – Red Hawks leaning on senior experience thus far.
- Southfield Arts and Tech (1-1) – Warriors are still a mystery team.
- Adams (4-2) – It wasn’t a good week for the Highlanders but beating Rochester was huge for their confidence.
- Berkley (3-2) – Arshad Walker has been the catalyst for the Bears.
- Pontiac (2-0) – Phoenix seems to be breaking out a bit.
- Rochester (2-3) – Falcons have been playing better lately.
- Bloomfield Hills (3-2) – Blackhawks are starting to figure some things out since their loss to Groves.
- Oak Park (1-3) – Knights have been up and down lately.
- West Bloomfield (0-5) – Lakers have played a tough schedule to their defense.
- Groves (1-3) – Falcons played better against Clarkston but still that overtime loss hurts.
- Lake Orion (3-2) – Dragons have the defense but the offense is missing in action.
- Oxford (2-3) – Wildcats can’t rely on Mason Mulholland to bail them out every night.
- Farmington (2-3) – When the Falcons play outside the Red they are pretty good.
- Seaholm (1-4) – Maples have been a hit or miss team lately.
- Avondale (2-2) – Yellow Jackets have won two straight since losing to Lake Orion.
- Royal Oak (0-3) – Ravens having a hard time putting together wins.
- Ferndale University (0-4) – Rising Eagles are struggling right now.
Girls Top 20.
- West Bloomfield (5-0) – Lakers really have no true weaknesses.
- Clarkston (4-1) – Wolves have been really good lately but the team ahead of them is better right now.
- Stoney Creek (5-0) – Mia Carson has played well at the point guard spot which is why the Cougars are where they are at.
- Farmington (5-1) – Falcons are buzzing with confidence right now.
- Troy (3-2) – If the Colts can get Alyssa Matuza and Charlotte Sobotka going to help Kendal Zeiter then the Colts could do some wonders.
- Groves (4-2) – Navaeh Otis has been playing really well and is getting better each week for the Falcons.
- Adams (3-1) – Maddie Doelinga has been the key for the Highlanders.
- Royal Oak (2-2) – Will the real Ravens please stand up???
- Rochester (3-2) – Falcons have been a very interesting team lately despite having some COVID issues.
- Lake Orion (2-4) – Dragons have played a brutal schedule. They are improving despite only scoring 40 points twice this season.
- Oxford (2-2) -Miranda Wymeniko has really filled in nicely for the Wildcats.
- Troy Athens (2-2, 3-2) – The Red Hawks will be as good as Gillian Ciak takes them.
- Seaholm (1-3) – Maples have been a mystery team.
- Berkley (1-3, 2-3) – How did the Bears blow an 11 point lead on Thursday night in Oxford???
- North Farmington (1-3) – Raiders can’t seem to close out games.
- Southfield Arts and Tech (0-3) – Warriors are putting up numbers but they are allowing more as well.
- Oak Park (1-0) – Knights haven’t played in a week.
- Ferndale University (1-1) – Rising Eagles haven’t played in a week.
- Bloomfield Hills (0-4) – Emelia Johnston has become a bright spot for the Blackhawks.
- Avondale (0-2, 0-4) – Yellow Jackets are not the same team that they were last season.