Holly Oaks ORV Park
Grand Opening – September 17th, 2020!
Here are a few things you need to know before coming out to the park:
- To ensure that everyone has a fun and safe experience, we are capping ticket sales at 500 per day at this time.
- Tickets for each day can be purchased online starting at 9 p.m. the night before. We will post on our Facebook page when capacity is reached for the day.
- Tickets can also be purchased in-person at our ticket counter (at Mt. Holly until mid-October, then at the park contact station off Shields Road) as availability allows.
- If you purchase tickets online – use Guest Checkout for the most efficient experience (you don’t need to click the Log-In button at the top of the page).
- Don’t forget you need your DNR ORV and ORV Trail stickers. We will NOT be selling them at the park until mid-October. If you don’t have current stickers you can purchase them at dozens of locations in/around Oakland County. Visit the DNR’s web site for a map of locations near you. The closest locations to the park are the Great Lakes Ace and Seven Lake Party Store in Holly.
- A ticket is needed for EACH vehicle that will be used in the park. If you want to bring several vehicles and rotate their use in the park, you can do so. If you want to use several vehicles at a time, they will all need a ticket. Tickets purchased online can be shown on your mobile device or printed and brought to the park. A wrist band (to attach to a vehicle or worn by an individual) will be provided per ticket purchased.
- Ticket sales will stop 2 hours before the park closes each day.
- Ten-foot flags are strongly encouraged.
- The park gates will open 1 hour before the park opens. Vehicles should not line up on Dixie Highway waiting to enter.
- Please bring a mask if you need to enter the building to purchase a ticket or use the restroom. Masks are required inside Mt. Holly. Port-a-johns will be available.
- Hours of Operation
- Opening Weekend
- Thursday, September 17, 2-8 p.m.
- Friday, September 18 – Sunday, September 20, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Opening Weekend
Friday September 25, 2-8 p.m. September 26-27, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
October: Fridays 2-7 p.m., Saturdays & Sundays 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
November 1: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
November 7 – 29 – Saturday & Sunday only 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
We will post winter 2021 hours (staffing dependent) by mid-October.
Anticipated future hours (2021 and beyond):
April, May, September (after Labor Day), October – Open Th – Sun (Closed Mon – Wed), 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. September, 10 – 7 p.m. October
Winter (November – March) – Open Saturday & Sunday only, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Memorial Day to Labor Day – Open Wed – Mon (closed Tuesdays), 10 a.m. – 8 pm
Thanksgiving – Closed Thanksgiving day, open Wednesday before and Friday after
Christmas – Closed Christmas day, additional open days TBD
$15 per vehicle entering the park (through the contact station). Wrist bands can be worn by an individual who wishes to use multiple vehicles in the park on a visit (one at a time). Or it can be attached to a rear-view mirror or another part of a vehicle if only one vehicle will be used in the park. All vehicles through the contact station will need a wrist band on-board (on a person or on the vehicle).
- ORV Sticker and ORV Trail stickers will be required for entry and will be able to be purchased at the park.
MDNR ORV Sticker – $26.25
MDNR ORV Trail Sticker – $10.00
The sale of these stickers goes back to a special funding source at the DNR that provides grants for ORV facilities in Michigan. Holly Oaks ORV Park (which is owned by the DNR and operated by Oakland County Parks in partnership with the DNR) has already been the recipient of development funding for the park from the sale of MDNR ORV stickers.
- All types of off-road vehicles are allowed – must have a muffler. Maximum allowable noise level is 94 dB(A)
- Children 12 and older with an ORV safety certificate issued by the state (or another state) may operate an ATV or motorcycle at the park with direct supervision
- All other vehicle operators must have a valid operator’s license (drivers license)